The current club rules (April 2016 version) can be downloaded here.
Below are some of the key points:
Projected image competitions
5. Only the two highest scoring entries for each member will count towards the cumulative total of the regular Projected Image Competitions.
8. Each member may enter a maximum of four (4)images in each Projected Image Competition, subject to any general limitation set by the Chairman of the meeting.
9. Projected digital image files to be saved in the following format:-
- Colour Space – sRGB
- File Format – jpeg (.jpg) only, saved at its finest setting (12 in Adobe Photoshop).
10. The Projected Image shall have a maximum size for width of 1400 pixels or for height 1050 pixels.
11. All projected images shall be identified with the initials of the author followed by the image title. Note: – Spaces may be permitted in the file name. See example below:-
- ANO_Sunset in Florida
12. All images shall have the title and the Author’s name in the file Meta data (e.g. this can be entered in the details tab in Windows Explorer). Failure to do so may result in images being withdrawn.
15. Projected images shall not be more than 4 years old.
17. Entries for each Projected Image Competition shall be sent by email to the Digital Projectionist and a further copy to the Competition Secretary one week before the competition to allow for sorting and competition preparation.
23. Projected Images shall be subject to an entry fee which shall be agreed annually by the Committee and currently 50 pence (50p) per image payable to the Digital Projectionist.
Print Competitions (Colour or Mono)
36. Points will be awarded out of 20. Only the two highest scoring entries for each member will count towards the cumulative total of the regular Print Competitions.
39. Each member may enter a maximum of four (4) prints in both Monochrome and Colour sections of each Print Competition, subject to any general limitation set by the Chairman of the meeting.
40. Prints shall be mounted on a rectangular card 50cm x 40cm.
45. Prints may be either self or trade processed.
46. Prints shall have the entrant’s name, a title and the Club’s name printed clearly on the back preferably in the top left-hand corner.
50. Prints must not be more than 4 years old.
51. Entries for each Print Competition shall be handed to the Competition Secretary at the latest one week before the competition to allow for sorting and competition preparation.